BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- A Katonah hardware store reported to police that an employee stole about $50,000 in cash during a four-month period, Bedford police said.
- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Pleasantville woman, Gina M. Sabatini-Casarella, 42, with aggravated driving while intoxicated on Monday, Feb. 24.
- Westchester County Executive, Thornwood native and Mount Pleasant resident Rob Astorino officially announced his candidacy for governor.
- Pound Ridge resident Richard Gere and Carey Lowell have given up operational control of the restaurants at Bedford Post Inn following their reported split, according to LoHud.com.
- On the back of closing Lewisboro Elementary School for the fall 2014 and a change to its health coverage model, the proposed 2014-2015 budget for the Katonah-Lewisboro School District decreases spending by nearly $3.8 million.
- Familiar names like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett topped Forbes Magazine's recent list of the richest people in the planet for 2014, but several names connected to Westchester County made the list as well.
- 1 County Police Charge Man With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin
- 2 Mount Kisco Resident Charged With $1.4M Bank Theft
- 3 IRS Warns Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bedford Hills, Katonah Fire Departments Assist In Battling Somers Blaze
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill