BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- A Danbury resident and teacher at the Convent of the Sacred Heart turned himself in to Greenwich police Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest on charges of having inappropriate sexual contact with a student, according to reports.
- No one has ever caught a leprechaun, but Bedford Hills Elementary School first-grader Cliff Lanier IV has a plan to do the impossible this St. Patrick’s Day.
- With Lewisboro Elementary School closing in the fall, the district announced plans to transition its principal, along with those for Katonah Elementary and John Jay High School, for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Sen. Greg Ball (R,C,I-Patterson) is moving forward with legislation inspired by the documentary film "Blackfish."
- A car overturned on Route 35 (Cross River Road) on the Bedford-Lewisboro border after swerving out of the way of a deer that ran onto the road Wednesday, Lt. Jeff Dickans of the Bedford Police Department said.