WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Employees of Soccer Post, a store in Bedford Hills that specializes in soccer gear, weighed in on what the U.S. team has to deal with going forward in the World Cup.
Staffer Daniel Bank, an Armonk resident, said there is “momentum” and that the squad surpassed expectations, referencing the team getting passed what has been called the “Group of Death.” The group includes teams from Germany, Portugal and Ghana, which he noted are good teams.
Employee Nicholas Fierro of Katonah said that the team will be successful if they play with more aggression. He also feels that performance in the first 10 minutes of a game determines their outcome.
The U.S. team will face Belgium on Tuesday, July 1.
- 1 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 3 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Bedford
- 5 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision