WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Employees of Soccer Post, a store in Bedford Hills that specializes in soccer gear, weighed in on what the U.S. team has to deal with going forward in the World Cup.
Staffer Daniel Bank, an Armonk resident, said there is “momentum” and that the squad surpassed expectations, referencing the team getting passed what has been called the “Group of Death.” The group includes teams from Germany, Portugal and Ghana, which he noted are good teams.
Employee Nicholas Fierro of Katonah said that the team will be successful if they play with more aggression. He also feels that performance in the first 10 minutes of a game determines their outcome.
The U.S. team will face Belgium on Tuesday, July 1.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says