WESTCHESTER COUNTY. N.Y. -- Employees of Soccer Post, a store in Bedford Hills that specializes in soccer gear, weighed in on what the U.S. team has to deal with going forward in the World Cup.
Staffer Daniel Bank, an Armonk resident, said there is “momentum” and that the squad surpassed expectations, referencing the team getting passed what has been called the “Group of Death.” The group includes teams from Germany, Portugal and Ghana, which he noted are good teams.
Employee Nicholas Fierro of Katonah said that the team will be successful if they play with more aggression. He also feels that performance in the first 10 minutes of a game determines their outcome.
The U.S. team will face Belgium on Tuesday, July 1.
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Bedford's Conservation Board Weighs In On 79-Home Proposal
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show