BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Special "Texting Zones" for I-684 in Bedford, I-87 in Ardsley in Westchester and several highways around the state.
- The Bedford Central Board of Education named Mount Kisco resident Edward Reder to fill the seat vacated by Lee Goldstein.
- A recent event in Orange County involving sexual misconduct between elementary school students on a school bus sparked concern in Westchester.
- Somers Police received death threats after a resident videotaped an officer removing pro-gun sign photos go viral.
- U.S. Rep. Nita Lowey (D-Westchester) criticized Republicans for Defunding Obamacare as the same would hurt Bedford seniors .