WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – A one-car accident early Friday morning in the Bronx just over the Westchester border tied up traffic on Interstate 95 for the rush hour commute.
A report on abclocal.go.com said the accident occurred at 5:30 a.m. on the northbound New England Thruway at Exit 13 in the Eastchester section. Lanes re-opened, but rubbernecking delays were reported.
The report said nine people were rushed to Jacobi Hospital with critical injuries as a Cadillac Escalade slammed head-on into a wall near the exit ramp, the report said. Entrance and exit ramps to the Thruway were closed to investigate the accident.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Hills Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Home Invasions
- 3 Katonah Resident Adds New Music Series to His Mount Kisco Tavern
- 4 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Bedford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely