MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Mount Kisco will have its own road race after the Village Board of Trustees gave its approval for the event at a recent meeting.
The course includes Lexington Avenue, Radio Circle and Stewart Place, before a conclusion in Kirby Plaza, according to the event’s website.
“I really can't thank you enough,” said Lisa Abzun, an organizer for the 5K, after the board gave its approval on July 14.
Abzun, who anticipates that 300 people will be in the 5K, said she is a “novice runner” and added that she took up running about six years ago. Abzun’s interest in having a Mount Kisco road race came last November and she noted that races are held in other communities, such as Bedford Hills, Katonah and Chappaqua.
Runners will gather for the race will be at 8 a.m. Abzun explained at the meeting, with the race starting around 8:30 a.m. and finishing at around 9:30 a.m. After the race, medals will be given out, she said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 3 New York Archdiocese Is Likely To Merge More Parishes
- 4 Woman, 23, Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop In Bedford
- 5 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Bedford