BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- The Town of Bedford has released a request for proposals for occupying the Bedford Hills train station, which includes a Sept. 17 deadline to submit sealed bids.
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Bedford Village Elementary were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- Moody's Investors Service affirmed the Bedford Central School District's Aa1 bond rating last month.
- Katonah-Lewisboro staff and the district’s architect are investigating the possibility of mold or failure of HVAC at five school buildings following receipt of a Department of Labor notice, Interim Schools Superintendent John Goetz disclosed in a letter to the community.
- Bedford residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 3 Katonah's Barbara Israel Opening Its Garden To The Public
- 4 Bedford Holds Three Memorial Day Parades, Town Picnic
- 5 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak