BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- The Town of Bedford has released a request for proposals for occupying the Bedford Hills train station, which includes a Sept. 17 deadline to submit sealed bids.
- Several schools throughout Westchester County including Bedford Village Elementary were named "Reward Schools" by the New York State Education Department.
- Moody's Investors Service affirmed the Bedford Central School District's Aa1 bond rating last month.
- Katonah-Lewisboro staff and the district’s architect are investigating the possibility of mold or failure of HVAC at five school buildings following receipt of a Department of Labor notice, Interim Schools Superintendent John Goetz disclosed in a letter to the community.
- Bedford residents who have Cablevision as their provider are paying the highest monthly bill in the country on average, according to the International Business Times.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Costumed Kids, Adults Pack Halloween Parade In Katonah
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 5 Katonah Fire Dept. Battles Blaze That Destroys Goldens Bridge Home