MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- Northern Westchester Hospital's Dr. Navid Mootabar led a surgical team that completed a robot-assisted single incision laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Mootabar is among a small number of physicians trained in performing the daVinci robot-assisted hysterectomy procedure known as Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery (SILS) that enables him to remove a women’s uterus through a single one-inch incision.
The daVinci Surgical System uses a high-definition, 3D imaging system to provide a magnified view and greater visualization of the surgical site. The patient's uterus was successfully removed through a tiny incision in the belly button, which made the procedure essentially scarless.
To learn more about how Dr. Mootabar accomplished his surgery, click here.
Visit nwhc.net to learn more.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 2 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 3 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 4 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl