WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N. Y. – MetroCards purchased before Hurricane Sandy struck will not be refunded, the MTA announced Monday.
“The decision was made over this weekend,” said MTA spokesperson Aaron Donovan. “This is the same reaction we took after Hurricane Irene.”
Donovan said that October MetroCards were allowed to be used until Nov. 5, which means it is not “purely non-refundable.” He also said people rode free on subways and commuter rails Nov. 1 and Nov 2.
The MTA system was struck hard by Hurricane Sandy, but much of its service has reopened.
Do you believe the MTA made the right or wrong choice? Let us know with your comments below.
- 1 Bedford Schools Superintendent Cancels Race Relations Workshop
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Bedford Skies Sunday
- 3 10 Displaced In Fire At Mount Kisco Multifamily Home
- 4 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 5 Bedford Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend