MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- A major news story in recent days has been about the spread of the Ebola virus in western Africa, along with media reports about the transport of two Americans, Nancy Writebol and Kent Brantly, back to the United States.
Some of the news coverage has also mentioned concern about the transport.
Bedford resident Mariangela Cavaggioni is not concerned with an outbreak in this country at this point. However, addressing the risk, she mentioned that an accident could've happened. Cavaggioni, discussing treatment, also suggested that the same medication could have been used in a hospital in Africa.
Ronni Schram, a Mount Kisco resident, has some concern about an outbreak spreading in this country but she also expressed confidence in containing the virus, referencing where the patients are hospitalized. Schram will be taking to trip to Africa but not to the region where there have been outbreak reports.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Hills Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Home Invasions
- 3 Katonah Resident Adds New Music Series to His Mount Kisco Tavern
- 4 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 5 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Bedford; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely