Contact Us
Bedford Daily Voice serves Bedford, Bedford Hills & Katonah
Return to your home site


Bedford Daily Voice serves Bedford, Bedford Hills & Katonah

Minor Fire Forces Evacuation in Bedford Hills

Customers at the CVS located at “Bedford Green on the 117” shopping in Bedford Hills received a bit of scare Tuesday after some smoke that was caused by welding was mistaken for a fire.

The Bedford Hills Fire Department responded to the call at about 2 p.m. after someone from the neighboring “Pet Pub” store reported seeing smoke.

The area was evacuated while fire officials investigated. Firefighters cleared the scene after it was determined that the fire was caused by some welding that took place in the back of a CVS, according to fire officials.No one was injured.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Bedford Daily Voice!

Serves Bedford, Bedford Hills & Katonah

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.