SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. -- South Salem's Donna Mokszycki lives in the Lake Truesdale area of South Salem, not far from where a woman was reported to have been stabbed repeatedly by an unidentified assailant on Wednesday night, Aug. 13.
Mokszycki, who recalled being surprised when she heard about the incident, said she did not hear anything unusual that night. Like the woman involved, Mokszycki has walked her dog in the area and said that she could have been there had she done so that night.
There is no known motive for the stabbing, according to a state police investigator who spoke to reporters Thursday.
Joyce Kehoe, also a South Salem resident, compared the random attack scenario to a non-random one and said that someone just going around to hurt people is more scary.
State Police are offering a $2,500 reward for information on the incident. New York Crime Stoppers describes the suspect as a white male wearing a shirt or dark-hooded jacket.
- 1 Man Charged With Causing Severe Stab Injuries, Mount Kisco Police Say
- 2 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 3 Katonah Consignment Business Owner Charged With Failing To Pay State Taxes
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Cuomo Bans Non-Essential State Travel To Indiana