KATONAH, N.Y. ‒ Belinda Roth has been appointed interim executive director of the Katonah Museum of Art, Rochelle Rosenberg, president of the Board of Trustees, announced Wednesday.
Roth will serve while a national search is conducted for a permanent replacement for Neil Watson, who stepped down in November after more than seven years as executive director.
Roth, the museum's development officer since 2008, received her BA in art history from Williams College, an MA in art history from the Institute of Fine Arts at New York University and an MBA in marketing, management and strategy from the Kellogg School at Northwestern University.
She was a marketing manager at American Express before joining the museum, which originates 10 to 12 exhibitions annually and puts on lectures, films and events for 40,000 people each year.
The Katonah resident has also worked at various New York museums and galleries, including the Brooklyn Museum and Greenberg Van Doren Gallery.
Former director Watson was instrumental in the expansion of the museum's educational outreach and family programs, Rosenberg said in her November statement announcing his departure.
In July, Watson was one of 14 business and nonprofit executives named by Westchester Magazine as the county's "greatest leaders and bosses."
- 1 Obamas Could Be Bound For Westchester After Presidency, Report Says
- 2 Bedford-Bred Upstart Draws No. 18 Post For Saturday's Kentucky Derby
- 3 Police Make Arrest In Identity Theft Case At Kohl's In Bedford Hills
- 4 Fatal Crash On Route 22 Under Investigation
- 5 Westchester DA Issues Alert About Sexual Predators Posing As Others