WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- A six-member jury has returned a verdict of not guilty in the Kerry Kennedy drugged-driving trial at the Westchester County Court in White Plains on Friday morning.
Kennedy, a Bedford resident, faced one charge of driving while ability impaired by drugs, stemming from a July 2012 accident in North Castle. Toxicology reports showed that she had a sleep medication in her system. She pleaded not guilty, saying she accidentally took the pill instead of her thyroid medication.
Kennedy is the daughter of Sen. Robert F. Kennedy, niece of John F. Kennedy and ex-wife of Gov. Andrew Cuomo.
The trial lasted four days.
Check back to Daily Voice for reaction and more information on this developing story.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 3 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 4 National Weather Service: Bedford's Winter Won't Be So Bad
- 5 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave