BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- "Daddy Bands For Music Therapy," a benefit at The Harvey School in Katonah will help fund Northern Westchester Hospital’s music therapy program.
- The Bedford Hills Free Library announced it will be temporarily closed to the public from Monday, Aug. 18, through Friday, Aug. 22, for renovations.
- Westchester County Police identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- The former superintendent of the Chappaqua Central School District was fined one week's pay from his current job as superintendent of Newton Schools in Massachusetts for plagiarizing Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick in recent graduation speeches, according to The Boston Globe.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 3 Hand Grenade Removed From Katonah Home Found To Be Inert
- 4 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave
- 5 National Weather Service: Bedford's Winter Won't Be So Bad