BEDFORD, N.Y. - Fox Lane High School had to be temporarily evacuated on Thursday morning in Bedford, as emergency crews responded to a leaking propane tank in the kitchen.
On Thursday morning, during student arrival, school administration evacuated the school and alerted the fire department when they observed a "mild" smell of gas in the school’s kitchen.
According to school officials, the school was evacuated in “an orderly manner” and students were relocated to the middle school for about a half hour. At approximately 8 a.m., fire officials cleared the scene and allowed students and staff to resume classes.
Due to the equipment issues in the kitchen, there was no “hot lunch” on Thursday, leaving students limited to cold lunch options that included sandwiches, wraps and salads.
There were no injuries or further incidents in the kitchen once officials turned off the propane tank.