BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- Don Scott has defeated Bruce Yablon in a special election for a council seat on the Bedford Town Board, according to unofficial results.
- Former U.S. Rep. Nan Hayworth conceded to Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney in the race in New York's 18th Congressional District.
- Westchester County placed seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- A second major accident on southbound I-684 on Monday was reported at 3:15 p.m. The accident, at Route 35 in Katonah Exit 6), initially took out two lanes, as did an accident further south on I-684 during the morning commute near the intersection of the Hutchinson River Park.
- Drivers in Westchester County and throughout New York State could face tougher fines and penalties if caught texting and driving as of Saturday, Nov. 1.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.