WESTCHESTER, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has announced that, due to the accelerating severity of Winter Storm Nemo and the expected heavy snowfall accumulations, Metro-North Railroad will suspend all service, effective 10 p.m. Friday.
The move, said Cuomo, is to reduce the likelihood of stranded trains and to begin snow-clearing operations. The suspension of service will continue until further notice.
In addition, Grand Central Terminal will close after the last trains arrive at about midnight.
Customers are advised to limit travel or stay home if possible.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says