BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- Katonah Village Library is accepting donations for its book sale.
- The younger sister of Bedford resident Martha Stewart died in Norwalk Hospital from a brain aneurysm on Tuesday, Aug. 5, according to the New York Daily News.
- The holder of a mortgage for the former Borders site in downtown Mount Kisco will take over the property following a $6.5 million bid that was made at a Tuesday foreclosure auction.
- A two-car collision at the Interstate-95 southbound exit for 287 in the City of Rye ejected both occupants of a military truck, which flipped over, and killed the passenger Thursday morning, state police said.
Jeff Aarts, a Pound Ridge native who was a well-known and well-respected tennis pro in the Westchester/Fairfield area, died suddenly on Thursday, Aug. 7, while playing golf. He was 59.
- 1 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Marijuana License Awarded To Katonah-Based Etain
- 4 One-Car Crash Closes Saw Mill Parkway For Hours
- 5 Bedford Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night