WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Although the winter storm dubbed Nemo is now in our rearview mirrors, there’s a high probability those rearview mirrors are covered in snow in Westchester County.
Many Westchester County residents spent their Saturday mornings and afternoons with shovels in their hands, as some towns saw snow accumulations finish at more than a foot.
Here are some of the final snowfall tallies:
• Armonk: 17.1 inches
• Mount Kisco: 12 inches
• Ossining: 11.5 inches
• Mount Pleasant: 8 inches
• Millwood: 7.1 inches
While Nemo lived up to its expectations in snowfall, it did not cause as nearly as many problems as the last big storm to hit the area — Hurricane Sandy last fall.
In fact, Con Edison reported Saturday morning that no power outages were reported overnight during the storm in Westchester.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Netscape Co-Founder ID'd As Buyer Of Ron Howard Estate On Armonk Border
- 3 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 5 Saw Mill Parkway Wrong-Way Driver Charged With DWI ID'd