WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Although the winter storm dubbed Nemo is now in our rearview mirrors, there’s a high probability those rearview mirrors are covered in snow in Westchester County.
Many Westchester County residents spent their Saturday mornings and afternoons with shovels in their hands, as some towns saw snow accumulations finish at more than a foot.
Here are some of the final snowfall tallies:
• Armonk: 17.1 inches
• Mount Kisco: 12 inches
• Ossining: 11.5 inches
• Mount Pleasant: 8 inches
• Millwood: 7.1 inches
While Nemo lived up to its expectations in snowfall, it did not cause as nearly as many problems as the last big storm to hit the area — Hurricane Sandy last fall.
In fact, Con Edison reported Saturday morning that no power outages were reported overnight during the storm in Westchester.
- 1 Bedford Planning Board Meeting On Home Proposal Lasts Until Nearly 2 A.M.
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 South Salem Man Charged With Assault, Robbery After Beating Victim
- 4 Bedford's Conservation Board Weighs In On 79-Home Proposal
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Bedford