WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. – Although the winter storm dubbed Nemo is now in our rearview mirrors, there’s a high probability those rearview mirrors are covered in snow in Westchester County.
Many Westchester County residents spent their Saturday mornings and afternoons with shovels in their hands, as some towns saw snow accumulations finish at more than a foot.
Here are some of the final snowfall tallies:
• Armonk: 17.1 inches
• Mount Kisco: 12 inches
• Ossining: 11.5 inches
• Mount Pleasant: 8 inches
• Millwood: 7.1 inches
While Nemo lived up to its expectations in snowfall, it did not cause as nearly as many problems as the last big storm to hit the area — Hurricane Sandy last fall.
In fact, Con Edison reported Saturday morning that no power outages were reported overnight during the storm in Westchester.
- 1 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 2 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 3 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 4 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies