SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Serious Accident Results In Route 172 Closure Near Fox Lane HS
- 2 Bedford Playhouse Theater Tenant Plans To Leave
- 3 Residents Blast Katonah Group Home Proposal
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts