SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Modell's Seeks Move Into Former Borders Site In Mount Kisco
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Katonah Man Charged During DWI Checkpoint
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed