SOMERS, N.Y. -- New York State Police recovered the body of an elderly Somers man who jumped from the Bear Mountain Bridge earlier this month on Friday, according to LoHud.com.
Emmanual Valsamakis, 81, was a longtime employee of IBM and received a patent with two other men for an invention relating to semiconductors in the 1980s, LoHud.com reported.
State Police had searched for Valsamakis from the time he jumped on June 15 until last Wednesday, June 18. The body was found on Friday near Stony Point, LoHud.com said.
- 1 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs
- 2 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Bedford To Resign
- 3 Bedford Central Voters Approve School Budget, Elect Sheerin
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Mount Kisco Bank Teller Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M