BEDFORD HILLS, N.Y. -- The Bedford Town Board voted unanimously at its Tuesday night meeting, July 15, to ratify a film permit for “Orange Is the New Black.” However, Supervisor Chris Burdick confirmed that the permit was issued last week and that filming was already done. As a result, the action taken by the board was retroactive.
The request involved filming at the Taconic Correctional Facility, which is near Harris Road, according to an email to Town Clerk Boo Fumagalli. The request was for filming on July 10 between 4 p.m. To 8 p.m., according to information submitted. The request involved a van driving from the Taconic Driveway and crossing Harris Road.
The show, which runs on Netflix, is about life in a women's prison. The show's second season was released on Netflix in early June.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bedford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bedford; Blizzard Warning Issued