BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford last week:
- Denisse Gayosso-Lucano, a student at Fox Lane High School, recently received the Acorda Scientific Excellence Award for her research paper and scientific work on the effects of urbanization on the genetic diversity of red oak trees in the northeastern United States.
- A fired Fox Lane High School English teacher who wondered about government-involved conspiracies is suing to overturn a hearing officer's disciplinary ruling that triggered his dismissal.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo recently announced a highway safety improvement program that will distribute $75.6 million for road improvements throughout the state, including $2 million for a project in Mount Kisco.
- 1 Bedford Man Charged With Having 130 Bags Of Heroin In Lewisboro
- 2 Westchester Player Among Those Stuck On Team Bus During Buffalo Blizzard
- 3 IRS Warns Bedford Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Bedford Hills, Katonah Fire Departments Assist In Battling Somers Blaze
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill