BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Two Bedford residents have been initiated into Fordham University's honor society Phi Kappa Phi, the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines.
Pedro Duarte from Bedford Hills and Louisa Polos from Katonah were inducted.
They are among approximately 32,000 students, faculty, professional staff and alumni to be initiated into Phi Kappa Phi each year.
Membership is by invitation and requires nomination and approval by a chapter. Only the top 10 percent of seniors and 7.5 percent of juniors, having at least 72 semester hours, are eligible for membership.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On Trump's Bedford Estate
- 3 Bedford Home To Bedford, Bedford Hills, Bedford Corners
- 4 New Map Shows Lyme Disease Risk
- 5 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says