BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Free Library is sponsoring its eighth annual writing contest for high school students in the community.
- Entries must be PDF format, all others will be returned
- Write the entrant's name in the email and not on the entry
- One entry per category
- The entrant’s own work
- 250 - 2,000 words, submitted online, and be in MLA format
- Work previously written for other purposes is acceptable.
- Fiction: A creative piece limited only by the imagination. (Save poetry for the library’s poetry contest in April.)
- Nonfiction: An essay limited only by the facts
First prize: $100, second prize: (In each category) $50
All entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, Feb. 23, at 5 p.m.
Winners will be notified by email by March 9. Winners and their families will be invited to an Awards Tea to receive their prizes on Wednesday, March 16.
Winning entries will be posted on the library’s website.
Submit entries to Maureen McManus at email@example.com. For questions, call (914)-234 3570 or click here .
The Bedford Free Public Library is at 32 Village Green.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.