BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- Bedford resident Sarah Billinghurst , who has worked for the Metropolitan Opera for nearly two decades, and her husband, Howard Solomon, were honored by the Met at its April 27 gala in New York City.
- A Mount Kisco parking enforcement officer, Jeffrey Daday , was arrested in the theft of more than $89,000 in village parking meter funds.
- Whole Foods Market has signed a lease for a 40,000-square-foot space at Chappaqua Crossing, making formal a proposal that had previously been disclosed in developer Summit/Greenfield's application material for its proposed overhaul of the site.
- Film producer and director Ron Howard has put his six-bedroom home along the border of Greenwich and Armonk, N.Y., on the market for $27.5 million.
- Westchester County Police arrested a Greenburgh man on a felony charge Tuesday, May 6, after he was accused of violating a court order of protection by confronting his estranged wife earlier in the day outside the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains.