BEDFORD, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Bedford this week:
- Bedford resident Sarah Billinghurst , who has worked for the Metropolitan Opera for nearly two decades, and her husband, Howard Solomon, were honored by the Met at its April 27 gala in New York City.
- A Mount Kisco parking enforcement officer, Jeffrey Daday , was arrested in the theft of more than $89,000 in village parking meter funds.
- Whole Foods Market has signed a lease for a 40,000-square-foot space at Chappaqua Crossing, making formal a proposal that had previously been disclosed in developer Summit/Greenfield's application material for its proposed overhaul of the site.
- Film producer and director Ron Howard has put his six-bedroom home along the border of Greenwich and Armonk, N.Y., on the market for $27.5 million.
- Westchester County Police arrested a Greenburgh man on a felony charge Tuesday, May 6, after he was accused of violating a court order of protection by confronting his estranged wife earlier in the day outside the Westchester County Courthouse in White Plains.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.