WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State Sen. Greg Ball will announce his political future on Friday with a video, according to his office. The video is scheduled for 9 a.m.
Ball (R-Patterson), chose not to run for Putnam County Executive, according to various media reports. His senate seat, which is for a two-year term, is up for re-election this November.
Ball's announcement comes the same week as a New York Post story about records from the Moreland Commission, a panel focused on state government corruption. The paper reported that this included $23,000 of Ball's campaign money being spent on clothing from Banana Republic, Amore Clothing and Brooks Brothers.
Joe Bachmeier, a spokesman for Ball, told the paper that the clothes were for campaign use, citing television shoots and photos as examples.
Ball's senate district includes several communities in Northern Westchester County, eastern Putnam County and a small part of Dutchess County.
- 1 Fox Lane, John Jay Rank Among New York's Best High Schools
- 2 Bedford Hills Man Gets Seven Years In Prison For Home Invasions
- 3 Bedford Central Faces $2.6M Deficit For 2015-16 School Year
- 4 Katonah Resident Adds New Music Series to His Mount Kisco Tavern
- 5 Storm System Departs Bedford, Snow Could Return Thursday