BEDFORD, N.Y. – Nearly 3,700 Con Edison and New York State Energy and Gas customers remained without power in Bedford Monday morning, a week after Hurricane Sandy brought strong winds, rain and flooding to the area.
An estimated 537 out of 1,018 Con Edison customers and 3,161 out of 6,657 New York State Energy and Gas customers were without power in Bedford at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 794 and 3,421 Sunday morning.
The utility company reports 69,293 out of 348,198 Con Ed customers and 11,986 out of 32,524 New York State Energy and Gas customers were without power in Westchester at 5:30 a.m. Monday, down from 88,060 and 16,960 Sunday morning.
"The men and women of Con Edison, along with thousands of utility workers from around the country, are working with determination and professionalism to put our customers back in service," said Craig Ivey, president of Con Edison in a press release. "We are running an aggressive, coordinated restoration campaign in response to the worst storm ever to hit New York. We will continue working around the clock until every home and business owner whose equipment was not damaged by the storm has power."
- 1 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 2 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 3 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 4 Sandra Lee Returns Home After Double To New Castle After Double Mastectomy
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Grows, Report Says