BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Bedford's Nelson Peltz.
Peltz, a Bedford resident, turns 72 on Tuesday.
Peltz is a businessman and founding partner, together with Peter W. May and Edward P. Garden, of Trian Fund Management, LP, an alternative investment management fund based in New York. He was born June 24, 1942, in Brooklyn. He is nonexecutive chairman of the board of The Wendy's Co. and a director of Legg Mason Inc., Mondelēz International and Ingersoll Rand plc. He was formerly a director of H.J. Heinz Co. He was also formerly the chief executive officer of Triangle Industries, a Fortune 100 industrial company.
In February 2014, Forbes listed Peltz as one of the 25 highest-earning hedge fund managers in 2013. His 2013 total earnings were $430 million, ranked 16th among the 25 top-earning hedge fund managers. He was recognized by the National Association of Corporate Directors in 2010, '11 and '12 as among the most influential people in global corporate governance.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 It's A Girl: Chappaqua's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 4 Accidents Cause Major Delays On I-684
- 5 Bedford Town Board Opts Not To Object To Proposed Katonah Group Home