BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Bedford's Nelson Peltz.
Peltz, a Bedford resident, turns 72 on Tuesday.
Peltz is a businessman and founding partner, together with Peter W. May and Edward P. Garden, of Trian Fund Management, LP, an alternative investment management fund based in New York. He was born June 24, 1942, in Brooklyn. He is nonexecutive chairman of the board of The Wendy's Co. and a director of Legg Mason Inc., Mondelēz International and Ingersoll Rand plc. He was formerly a director of H.J. Heinz Co. He was also formerly the chief executive officer of Triangle Industries, a Fortune 100 industrial company.
In February 2014, Forbes listed Peltz as one of the 25 highest-earning hedge fund managers in 2013. His 2013 total earnings were $430 million, ranked 16th among the 25 top-earning hedge fund managers. He was recognized by the National Association of Corporate Directors in 2010, '11 and '12 as among the most influential people in global corporate governance.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 23, Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop In Bedford