BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Happy Birthday to Bedford's Blake Lively!
Blake Ellender Lively, a Bedford resident, turns 27 on Monday.
Lively, an actress, model and celebrity homemaker, was born Aug. 25, 1987, in Los Angeles, California. She starred as Serena van der Woodsen in the CW teen drama series "Gossip Girl" and has appeared in such films as "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee," "The Town," "Green Lantern," and Accepted and Savages.
Lively began her acting career at age 11, when she appeared in the 1998 film "Sandman," which was directed by Lively's father. She appeared in the film adaptation of the novel of the same name, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," in 2005 as Bridget, one of the four female leads. Lively's performance in the film earned her a nomination for a Teen Choice Award for "Choice Movie Breakout – Female.
In 2011, she was featured in the annual TIME magazine 100 influential people. Additionally, People magazine named her one of 2012's Most Beautiful at Every Age.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Bedford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 3 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Bedford; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Saw Mill, Hutchinson River, Taconic State Parkways