BEDFORD, N.Y.-- Happy Birthday to Bedford’s Donald John Trump, Sr.!
Donald John Trump, Sr., who owns an estate in Bedford, turns 68 on Saturday.
Trump, Sr., a business magnate, investor, television personality and author, was born June 14, 1946 in Queens, New York City. He is the chairman and president of The Trump Organization and the founder of Trump Entertainment Resorts. Trump's extravagant lifestyle, outspoken manner, and role on the NBC reality show "The Apprentice" have made him a well-known celebrity who was No. 17 on the 2011 Forbes Celebrity 100 list.
Considered one of best known real estate entrepreneurs in the United States, Trump is the son of Fred Trump, a wealthy New York City real-estate developer. He worked for his father's firm, Elizabeth Trump & Son, while attending the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and in 1968 officially joined the company. He was given control of the company in 1971 and renamed it The Trump Organization.
In the media, Donald Trump is a two-time Emmy Award–nominated personality, has made appearances as a caricatured version of himself in television series and films such as "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York," "The Nanny," "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," "Days of Our Lives," and "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps."
- 1 Aunt's Daughter Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 3 Bedford School Officials Respond To Special-Ed Concerns
- 4 Westchester Political, Business Leaders Applaud State Casino Decision
- 5 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester