BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Margaretta Burdick, a Bedford resident and 2014 graduate of Colgate University, has earned an English Teaching Assistantship Fulbright Award to take place in Turkey.
A political science and psychology major, Burdick developed an interest in Turkish culture during a brief trip to Istanbul while abroad with the Geneva Study Group. Upon return from her trip, she hopes to pursue graduate studies and continue her work to improve global literacy rates.
A flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government, the Fulbright program is designed to increase understanding between the people of the U.S. and other countries. Recipients of Fulbright grants are selected on the basis of academic achievement and potential for leadership in a specific field.
- 1 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 2 It's A Girl: Chappaqua's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Accidents Cause Major Delays On I-684
- 4 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 5 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus