MOUNT KISCO, N.Y. -- In an effort to get ready for Kids On The Run 5K race on Sunday, Sept. 21, Saw Mill Club trainers Carrie Martabano and Lucia Luppino Andrew Ricketts have been training kids who will participate in the race throughout the summer.
The training sessions have been taking place on Tuesdays at the Recreation Field next to Saw Mill Club and on Saturdays at the Fox Lane field.
Approximately 20 kids and 6 mothers are in the program from Mount Kisco and surrounding areas. The participants are having fun, getting stronger and gaining confidence.
In order to prepare, they are running stairs, rolling down hills, doing sprints, running laps, doing calisthenics, learning how to stretch and how to eat healthy.
Visit sawmillclub.com to learn more.
- 1 Catherine Zeta-Jones Seeks Apartment Conversion At Bedford Hills Estate
- 2 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 3 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Bedford
- 5 Cable Work On Route 35 Will Cause Delays Around Bedford, Lewisboro