WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- With Thanksgiving and the December holidays just around the corner, now’s a good time to think about new edible delights for your dining room table.
DeCicco Family Markets has all of the items you will need to prepare your dishes. Below is the recipe for a holiday favorite.
- Clean the artichokes by removing the harder outer leaves and cutting the stem and the top part of the leaves as they may have thorns.
- Wash and drain the artichokes well.
- In a pan put the bread crumbs and the garlic. Sauté until the bread crumbs are lightly golden. Let cool off.
- Add to the bread crumbs the finely chopped parsley, salt & pepper as desired, a bit more finely chopped garlic, the grated cheese and some olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients very well until the oil is evenly absorbed.
- Take each artichoke, open the leaves as much as you can and insert among the leaves the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the artichokes in an oven pan and add 1 1/2 inches of water.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook for 15 mins.
- Finish off by putting the pan in the oven for 15 more mins. at 400 F.