BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Area resident and national lifestyle expert Martha Stewart stirs up some of her latest favorites in her newly released book One Pot: 120+ Easy Meals from Your Skillet, Slow Cooker, Stockpot, and More (Clarkson Potter/Publishers).
This collection of comforting weeknight favorites features recipes that call for—you guessed it—just one dish, whether it be a skillet, a roasting pan, a slow cooker or a stockpot. From chicken and vegetables that roast in the same pan to skillet lasagna, baked risotto, stews, down-home casseroles and even desserts, One Pot, which sells for $26, serves up big flavor with little effort.
Sample recipes include:
- Dutch oven: Beef stew with noodles; chicken and dumplings; arroz con pollo; lamb and apricot stew; sausage, chicken and white bean gratin; baked risotto with carrots and squash.
- Skillet and sauté pan: Pork chops with warm escarole salad; shrimp with tomatoes and orzo; braised chicken with potatoes and lemon; spinach pie; curried chicken potpie
- Slow cooker: Corned beef and cabbage; spicy turkey chili; classic pot roast with sweet potatoes and prunes; lamb shanks and potatoes.
- Roasting Pan and baking dish: Broiled striped bass with tomatoes; provençal vegetable tian; roast chicken with herb butter; Mexican-style lasagna.
- Pressure cooker : Chicken cacciatore; beef, barley and vegetable soup; risotto with Brussels sprouts and pancetta; Irish beef stew with stout; pork and hominy stew
Stewart recently made a trip back to her old stomping grounds in Connecticut to sign books at Stew Leonard's. Read about the event here .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.