BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford Hills artist Juan Fernando Silva's work will be on display in a New York City gallery in March.
Chelsea’s Agora Gallery will feature Silva in "The Essence of Abstraction" from Tuesday, March 4 to Tuesday, March 25, with an opening reception on Thursday, March 6.
The reception will run from 6 to 8 p.m. at the gallery at 530 West 25th Street in Chelsea.
"Juan Fernando Silva finds inspiration in the beauty of everyday life," representatives said. "Silva’s colorful oil-painted canvases are both a depiction of moments experienced in the present, and a reflection on the past- particularly the history of Impressionist painting. Painting primarily cityscapes, Silva’s paint dances across the canvas, vibrating with energy. Silva himself cites his upbringing in Buenos Aires as a strong influence on his art because of the colorful artwork and tango dancers that he was surrounded by."
- 1 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Population Growth Among Issues Raised Over Katonah Group Home Plan
- 5 Bedford Library Staff Sad About Theater's Impending Exit