BEDFORD, N.Y-- As Winter Storm Nemo began pummeling Bedford with snow, many events and programs were canceled or postponed.
The National Weather Service predicted between 12 and 15 inches of snow for the tri-state area. The worst of the storm is expected to hit Friday evening into Saturday morning.
Visibility near zero and white-out conditions are expected during that time, the Weather Service said.
The Bedford Central School District announced the cancellation of classes on Thursday night. Other cancellations and postponements for this weekend include:
- The Bedford Recreation and Parks Department registration for the Teen Get-A-Way travel camp has been postponed. The new registration date is Saturday, Feb. 23 from 9 to 10:30 a.m. at the Bedford Hills Community House.
- The Katonah Museum of Art is closed Friday and Saturday. The museum plans to reopen Sunday for the last day of the Young Artists exhibition.
- Vine & Co.'s "Life is a Cabernet" wine tasting originally scheduled for Saturday is rescheduled for Saturday, Feb. 23.
- The Katonah Village Library will be open as long as possible. Call (914) 232-3508 to check its status. The library is closed on Saturday and all programs are canceled for that day.
- The Bedford Hills Free Library is closed as of noon Friday and will be closed Saturday.
- Due to weather conditions, all town offices are closed as of 2:30 p.m.
- NoKa Joe's and Little Joe's in Katonah are closed as of 1 p.m. The shops will re-open on Sunday at 10 a.m.
The Teen Theater Company production of "Winnie the Pooh" at The Harvey School scheduled for Saturday, Feb 9 at 1 p.m. has been cancelled due to the storm.
Stay with The Bedford Daily Voice for more storm-related news.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.