WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Small Town Theatre Company will produce the musical “I Do! I Do!” at both the Katonah Village Library in Katonah, N.Y. and at The Hergenhan Center in Armonk.
“I Do! I Do!” will be performed at The Katonah Village Library on Friday, Sept. 26 and Saturday, Sept. 27 as well as at The Hergenhan Center in Armonk, on Friday, Oct. 10, and Saturday, Oct. 11. All times are at 8 p.m.
The cast includes Jeanne McCabe and Dick Nagle, both of Croton. The play will be directed by Tom Kramer of Hartsdale.
A synopsis of "I Do! I Do!" is below.
“I Do! I Do!” is a story of a marriage - an intimate and nostalgic work by Harvey Schmidt and Tom Jones.
The show begins with Michael and Agnes on their wedding day. Their vows behind them, they look forward to spending the rest of their lives together. We watch as they go through their wedding night jitters, raise a family, and negotiate mid-life crises.
Michael eventually admits to his infidelity and although Agnes is angered by his actions, she forgives him and the couple reconciles. They rediscover how much they really need each other. Then, after 50 years of marriage, the couple leaves their house to the next pair of newlyweds.
This touching story of two soul mates navigating the perils of life is set to the strains of a tuneful, charming score.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Heavy Rain Headed To Bedford, Thunderstorms Possible
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd