SOMERS, N.Y. -- There will be a variety of music from popular standards to unplugged rock to jazz and contemporary during the outdoor Music in the Park series at Lasdon Park Arboretum and Veterans Memorial in Somers.
The trio of shows will feature local musical talent, from the popular Gerard Carelli Band on Friday, July 11; to the acoustic rock sounds of Found the Time, Friday, July 18; and the syncopated jazz rhythms of Jon Doty and Friends on Friday, August 22. Music starts at 6:30 p.m. each night.
Admission is $5. Friends of Lasdon members admitted free with membership card. Cash or check accepted at the door.
Gates open at 5:30 p.m. There is limited number of patio tables and chairs available for seating on a first-come, first served basis. Blankets and lawn chairs can also be brought to the event. No pets allowed.
Beverages, hot dogs, hot pretzels, ice cream and other snacks will be available for purchase throughout the evening.
In case of inclement weather, the event will be cancelled. Check lasdonpark.org for updates or call 914- 864-7268.
The programs are sponsored by Friends of Lasdon and Heineken USA.
Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, a Westchester County Park, is on Route 35 in Somers.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Costumed Kids, Adults Pack Halloween Parade In Katonah
- 4 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Bedford Residents