BEDFORD, N.Y. -- A poetry slam is among many of the events at Katonah Museum of Art's Workscapes Poetry and Landscape exhibit on Sunday, July 13.
The Katonah Museum of Art is located at 134 Jay Street (Route 22), Katonah.
A rundown of the exhibit is below.
Words in the Woods: A family poetry activity. Visitors of all ages explore the poetic sights, sounds and scents of the landscape. From 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Writing the Land, with Verlyn Klinkenborg: Learn new ways to approach writing about the landscape. Ages 16 and over. Cost: $30 Members, $40 non-members. From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Poetry Slam: Write it, Read it, Shout it Out: The museum's first-ever open slam starts with a performance by national slam icon Eric "Zork" Alan. Bring one to two poems to share in the open slam. Cost: $15 for members, $20 non-members, Students with current ID, free. From 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Practice poetry slam skills with Zork. From 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.: poetry slam at the KMA.
General admission is $10 for adults, $5 for seniors and students, members and children under the age of 12 enter free.
To register for these programs, call 914.232.9555.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Maintenance Work Results In I-684 Lane Closures
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager