BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford's Temple Shaaray Tefila is set to host the Israeli Scouts (Tzofim) at a barbecue and musical service on Friday, June 6.
The barbecue is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. at the temple, 89 Baldwin Road in Bedford Corners. The Tzofim are touring America to "strengthen relationships between Israel and North American Jewry, project Israel in a positive light, promote brotherhood, tolerance and respect among people of all faiths, form strong bonds of friendship between the Israeli youth and their American counterparts and to provide support for the Tzofim movement in Israel," according to a press release.
"The Israeli Tzofim or Scouts, have been described as 'Glee' 'meets Israel," representatives said in the release. "Join us for an amazing musical service. The Israel Boy and Girl Scouts Federation is Israel's national Scouting organization, known in Hebrew as Tzofim. Some 80,000 boys and girls belong to Tzofim in Israel."
For further information, call the temple’s office at 914-666-3133.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 5-Year-Old Boy Subject Of NY Amber Alert Is Found Dead
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Bedford
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 23, Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop In Bedford