BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Bedford's Temple Shaaray Tefila is set to host the Israeli Scouts (Tzofim) at a barbecue and musical service on Friday, June 6.
The barbecue is scheduled to start at 6 p.m. at the temple, 89 Baldwin Road in Bedford Corners. The Tzofim are touring America to "strengthen relationships between Israel and North American Jewry, project Israel in a positive light, promote brotherhood, tolerance and respect among people of all faiths, form strong bonds of friendship between the Israeli youth and their American counterparts and to provide support for the Tzofim movement in Israel," according to a press release.
"The Israeli Tzofim or Scouts, have been described as 'Glee' 'meets Israel," representatives said in the release. "Join us for an amazing musical service. The Israel Boy and Girl Scouts Federation is Israel's national Scouting organization, known in Hebrew as Tzofim. Some 80,000 boys and girls belong to Tzofim in Israel."
For further information, call the temple’s office at 914-666-3133.
- 1 Plans Detail Controversial Katonah CVS Expansion
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Three Charged After Six-Month Lewisboro Heroin Probe
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat Is 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director