KATONAH, N.Y. -- Caramoor Center For Music and the Arts is providing an expert tour of its "In The Garden of Sonic Delights" exhibition with sound artist, composer and performer Suzanne Thorpe on Saturday, Aug. 9 at noon.
Thorpe, whose artwork Listening Is As Listening Does, is featured in the exhibition, cites many divergent inspirations for her work: her practice as an electro-acoustic flautist and music technologist, her advocacy of Deep Listening and her concerns with global and local environmental issues.
Her tour will be a unique opportunity to experience "In the Garden of Sonic Delights" while focusing on listening, environmental sensitivity and improvisational response.
Caramoor will also hold an expert tour with Alyson Baker, executive director of The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, on Saturday, Sept. 6 at noon.
For more information, visit www.caramoor.org.
Visit caramoor.org to learn more.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Costumed Kids, Adults Pack Halloween Parade In Katonah
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 5 Katonah Fire Dept. Battles Blaze That Destroys Goldens Bridge Home