KATONAH, N.Y. -- Caramoor Center For Music and the Arts is providing an expert tour of its "In The Garden of Sonic Delights" exhibition with sound artist, composer and performer Suzanne Thorpe on Saturday, Aug. 9 at noon.
Thorpe, whose artwork Listening Is As Listening Does, is featured in the exhibition, cites many divergent inspirations for her work: her practice as an electro-acoustic flautist and music technologist, her advocacy of Deep Listening and her concerns with global and local environmental issues.
Her tour will be a unique opportunity to experience "In the Garden of Sonic Delights" while focusing on listening, environmental sensitivity and improvisational response.
Caramoor will also hold an expert tour with Alyson Baker, executive director of The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum in Ridgefield, on Saturday, Sept. 6 at noon.
For more information, visit www.caramoor.org.
Visit caramoor.org to learn more.
- 1 Bedford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Police Issue 75 Tickets In Distracted Driving Detail On I-684
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Bedford
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Saw Mill, Hutchinson River, Taconic State Parkways