BEDFORD, N.Y. -- The Bedford Free Library is sponsoring its seventh annual writing contest for high school students in the community.
All entries must be received by Wednesday, Feb. 25, at 5 p.m. Winners and their families will be invited to an awards tea to receive their prizes on Wednesday, March 18.
In each category, first prize is $100, and second prize is $50. Categories include:
- Fiction, which is a creative piece limited only by your imagination (save poetry for the library contest in April).
- Nonfiction, which can be a personal reflective essay, discuss how a particular work of music, art, science, math or literature has inspired your life, or describe how living in your community has influenced your life.
The rules include:
- Only one entry per category is allowed.
- All entrant's must submit their own work.
- Entries must be 250 to 2,000 words, submitted online and in MLA format.
- The entries must be in PDF format.
- Your name must be included in the email and not on the entry.
Winning entries will be posted on the library's website. Work previously written for other purposes is acceptable.
Submit your entries to Maureen McManus at email@example.com. If you have questions or need more information, call 914-234-3570 or visit www.bedfordfreelibrary.org .
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.