BEDFORD, N.Y. -- Journalist and author Cokie Roberts drew many spectators to her book talk and signing at the Bedford Historical Society meeting on Saturday, April 12, at the 1787 Court House.
The 1787 Court House was overflowing with children and adults as Roberts shared stories from her new book, an illustrated, children's version of her best seller, "Founding Mothers: Remembering the Ladies,"
Roberts talked about women's role in history, answered questions then signed more than 75 books.
In character as Abigail Adams, historical re-enactor Patricia Bridgman interacted with Roberts during her talk and mingled with families.
Refreshments were provided courtesy of Bedford Gourmet, Flour & Sun Bakery and Susan Lawrence Gourmet.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Bedford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Bedford Must Prepare
- 4 Katonah Fire Dept. Battles Blaze That Destroys Goldens Bridge Home
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester