BEDFORD, N.Y. -- ShopRite Supermarkets -- which operates dozens of stores in New York and New Jersey -- is continuing its eighth annual Veterans Fundraising Campaign, through Aug. 15.
Stores will collect donations at checkout, as well as host in-store activities and events to raise funds. Since the campaign's 2009 inception, ShopRite has raised over $2 million for local veterans' organizations within the communities its stores serve.
Past fundraisers have included car washes, hot dog sales, pancake breakfasts, food drives, raffles and more.
"We are thrilled to announce our eighth campaign to support local veterans organizations throughout our communities," said Tom Urtz, VP of operations. "Charitable giving is at the heart of our ShopRite stores, as, like our customers, we live here, work here and raise our families here, so it's important to us to be good neighbors and contribute the local community.
"Our Veterans Campaign is an especially important initiative for us, and is our way of saying thank you to those who have served our country and selflessly given us so much. We look forward to working with our customers, vendors and store associates to make this year as successful as the last."
The annual campaign relies on the efforts and generosity of ShopRite customers, store associates and vendors. Last year, ShopRite raised over $500,000.
Participating ShopRite stores include:
- in New Jersey: Clark, Montague and Spotswood;
- in New York -- Albany County: Albany, Colonie and Slingerlands;
- Columbia County: Hudson;
- Dutchess County: Fishkill, Lagrangeville and Poughkeepsie;
- Orange County: Chester, Dolson Avenue and Wallkill in Middletown, Monroe, Montgomery, Newburgh, Vails Gate, and Warwick;
- Putnam County: Carmel;
- Schenectady County: Niskayuna;
- Sullivan County: Liberty and Monticello;
- Ulster County: Ellenville, Kingston and New Paltz;
- Westchester County: Bedford, Cortlandt, Croton, New Rochelle, Scarsdale, Thornwood, Greenway Plaza and Tuckahoe Road in Yonkers, and White Plains.